The University’s Library offers a host of services to a wide variety of users including students.
Membership is open to registered students and expires at the end of each academic year, or when a student discontinues his/her studies. For external borrowers, membership expires at the end of each academic year, irrespective of when it commenced.
A non-refundable fee is payable by community and external members, which will be reviewed annually.
Membership is grouped according to the following categories:
• The Chancellor
• Council members
• Academic staff
• Administrative staff
• Registered students
• External borrowers/Community members
• Visiting lecturers/Students
My library record
Click here to create your library account. The barcode requested to register appears on your staff/student card.
- expiry date of your membership
- renew items
- modify personal information
- modify pin
- save preferred searches
- reading history
- events calendar
- suggest a purchase.
Short loan collections
To access the WSU short loans collection, click here. Here you can access the short loan collections via course of lecturer’s name.
Please consult your nearest circulation desk and complete a form to request material from another WSU Library.
Inter-lending requests may be done manually at any circulation desk or online by completing the relevant online form.
Off-campus access to library resources
Off-campus (remote) access to the Library’s electronic resources is restricted to WSU users only, provided they have registered at the Library for the current year.
For off-campus access you will need to have your staff/student barcode number, which appears on your staff/student card and a PIN which you will set up.
Set up a login and PIN on My Library Account.
Student access to email
Students can keep up-to-date with correspondence with the WSU email system as well as library book due dates.
- Email accounts are created automatically for all WSU registered students.
- The email address is the email@example.com e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students can access their emails by going to www.wsu.ac.za and select Intranet – Student web mail OR go directly to http://studentmail.wsu.ac.za/gw.
- The default password will be the access control number at the bottom of the student card which normally starts with 45……
- In your inbox, please remember to check for reminders and overdue notices from the Library.
Library training Workshops
Off-campus remote access
SA theses and dissertations
Africana and special collections
Photocopying and copyright
WSU referencing techniques
Online public access catalogue
Mobile library catalogue
Past Examination Papers