AC Aeronautical and Maritime Technological Services(ACAMTS)Partnership
AC acronym stands for AFRICAN CONTINENT but due to the length of the name the company was simply registered as AC and nowhere does its full name appear. This is a black owned South African company that has forged links with Walter Sisulu University Enterprise Development Centre and backed by various international companies including NNF Energy Consultants of Brazil.
ACAMTS seeks to support, among others, the National Government’s Operation Phakisa. According to President J.G. Zuma “Operation Phakisa will focus on unlocking the economic potential of South Africa’s oceans which are estimated to have the potential to contribute up to one hundred and seventy seven billion to GDP by 2033 compared to fifty four billion rand in 2010”.
ACAMTS core business is :-
- Natural Gas Transportation from Mozambique to Eastern Cape [offshore pipeline, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)]
- Natural Gas Monetization (energy generation, petrochemical industry)
- Offshore Exploration Wells
- Renewable Energy (waste to bioenergy)
- Shipyard industry (building and repair)
- PPP )P (Public – Private – Partnership) business models
- Composite Industry (fiber reinforcement embedded in a plastic or resin)
- Local content at South Africa oil and gas industry
- Harbour Cranes
- Simulation machines and Devices for maritime port operator training
- Navigational Equipment